​​Русский Православный Храм в Честь Иконы Божьей Матери Всех Скорбящих Радость

• Ocнован в 1951 году • / • Established in 1951• 

​​​560 N. 20th STREET - PHILADELPHIA - PA 19130 - (215) 568-6788, Fr.Valeriy - Отец Валерий (215) 718-4794

​​​​​Russian Orthodox Church of Our Lady Joy of All Who Sorrow

​​Русский Православный Храм в Честь Иконы Божьей Матери Всех Скорбящих Радость

Founded by Russian immigrants (displaced persons), including Father Eugene Lyzlov  (about Fr Evgeniy), in 1951, not long after World War II, the Russian Orthodox Church of Our Lady is a congregation belonging to the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad headquartered in New York City.


By October 1957 we had moved from the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia to the Art Museum area, at the intersection of 20th and Brandywine Streets one block north of Spring Garden Street and six blocks west of Broad Street. To this day the church maintains the fullness of the Russian Orthodox tradition liturgically and in its teachings, and retains a very Russian character. We use the Julian calendar and a mixture of mostly Slavonic and some English in services, and of course members of all ethnic groups are welcome to worship with us. Besides our original members, we include newcomers from Russia and converts.

A former Protestant building, the church's present home has a fine stone facade with small arched windows reminiscent of Orthodox churches in the Balkans, and is topped by a gold three-bar Russian cross. On Brandywine Street in front of the rectory next to the church is a small garden with birdbath and crucifix roadside shrine. Inside, a small space has been transformed into a place of light and holiness, both 'an earthly heaven' and a reminder of the best of the old country, as was Father Eugene's intention.

​​Основанный русскими иммигрантами (перемещенными лицами), во главе с отцом Евгением (Лызловым) (об Отце Евгении), в 1951 году, приход в честь иконы Божией Матери "Всех Скорбящих Радосте" стал частью Русской Православной Церкви за Рубежом с Архиерейским Синодом в Нью-Йорке.

Первые 6 лет храм размещался в нанятом помещении, а в октябре 1957 года обрел постоянное местожительство на перекрестке 20th и Brandywine Streets, один квартал севернее Spring Garden Street и шесть кварталов западнее Broad Street, в районе Art Museum.

Расположенный в бывшем протестантском строении, храм своим старинным каменным фасадом и высокими арочными окнами напоминает древние Православные Храмы на Балканах.

До наших дней приход сохраняет Православные Традиции, как литургические, так и церковно-просветительные, сохраняя чисто Русский характер. Мы пользуемся Юлианским календарём, службы проводятся на старославянском, а наиболее важные моменты повторяются на английском. С каждым годом число прихожан возрастает, и мы рады приветствовать представителей всех этнических групп на наших богослужениях.

        О НАС